So I was nominated by a good friend of mine and fellow blogger Wayward Knight! So honored by this! I really would love for this blog to do well. It’s been so nice being able to share my thoughts and nerdiness on here with people! I’m excited I can nominate people too!!! So here is what this is all about! Matt, Thanks a thousand times for the nomination!
What’s the Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog in addition to adding to our community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are pretty easy:
- Include a link back to the person responsible for your nomination
- Provide eleven facts about yourself
- Respond to the eleven questions set by the blogger who nominated you
- Select eleven more outstanding blogs
- Choose eleven questions to ask your nominees.
Eleven Facts about ME!
1. I am obsessed with the color pink. Honest to goodness my Fiance and I sleep in a pink bed… and I wear it just about every day.
2. I LOVE HOCKEY! I played for about 8 years and then worked for my High School Hockey Team! Lets Go Maroons! I also love the STL BLUES!
3. I fell in love with my kinda high school sweetheart! We started dating in 2009 and he proposed to me last summer in Florida.
4. I love table top gaming!!! My best guy friend Matt (aka Wayward Knight) was my first DM and had me hooked 10 minutes in!!!
5. I frequently burst into song
6. This is the first time I’ve really told people, I’m writing a book! And it’s terrifying to say that!
7. I have a cat-child thing. Her name is Pixie and I can’t tell if she really loves me or is plotting my epic demise.
8. Belleville Township High School Library is where I fell in love with reading! Thanks to my freshmen English teacher Ms. D! She recommend me a book that opened up a whole new world to me that I never knew could exist. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld is still my favorite book.
9. I drink way to much Coca-Cola. Like I should just own part of their stock by how much I drink…
10. I love make-up! I do it semi-professionally on the side
11. I am a Christian. I believe in God and I’m proud of that!
Eleven Questions in response to Wayward Knight
1. What drives you? What makes you feel a sense of purpose?
The need to better myself and enrich myself with knowledge. I a sense of purpose when I can help someone in any way or form.
2. You have been given one wish with several rules: you cannot wish for more wishes, you cannot wish for immortality, and you cannot wish for endless wealth. What would you wish for?
I wish that people could live day free of every sort of pain. Emotional or physical.
3. If you could master any skill in life, what would it be?
Writing. I would love to be a writer.
4. If you could live in any time period other than the modern era (1960-Present), when would it be?
5. How do you define love?
This is a complicated question. You can define it so many ways. I would say I define love as an emotion that I feel when I’m closely bonded with someone/something. I would do anything for the people I love and would defend them with my life.
6. You’re going to die tomorrow. What would your last meal be?
Fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy with my Granny’s yeast rolls.
7. If given the opportunity to change something about yourself, what would it be and why?
I would be more creative. I always admire people with the things they come up with. I would love to have the creativity of some of the authors I love.
8. Do you have a favorite movie? If so, what is it and why is it your favorite?
Welp… I love me some Frozen and Little Mermaid. I love the innocence in these movies. It gives me hope that there is light beyond the tunnel no matter my situation.
9. Let’s also cover a favorite band or genre of music. What is it and why does it strike a note with you (pun intended)?
This is tough. I love all music. I really enjoy Metal though… Avenged Sevenfold is one of the most amazing bands! I love the composition of their music, it’s almost classical when you really listen.
10. How would you react if your favorite artist, singer, actor, individual from history, etc. walked up to you and struck up a conversation? What would you say to them?
Well me being me, I might cry. When I’m too happy or too sad I cry pretty easily.
11. If you could live in any universe (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Mass Effect, etc.) what would it be?
The Realm of Faeries, or whatever you would like to call it. Or I wouldn’t mind living in Rivendell 🙂
Blogs that I nominate ( I don’t have a lot that I follow that have under 200 but here’s a few!)
Commas and Ampersands
11 Questions for my Nominees
1. Being that all of you post about books, what is your favorite book and why?
2. How did you get into reading?
3. You’re stranded on an island, all your basic needs will be met (Food, water, shelter, etc) What three items do you bring with you?
4. What is your favorite place in the entire world and why?
5. I’m stealing this question from Wayward Night, How do you define love?
6. You won the lottery!!! What are you going to do with your winnings?
7. How do you describe yourself?
8. If you had one superpower, what would it be and why?
9. Pepsi or Coke?
10. When you read, what type of environment do you like to be in?
11. What is your all time favorite memory or thing you’ve ever done?