So school is in full swing! My classes are pretty demanding so I haven’t done any blogging or writing on my manuscript in a while. Shame on me, I know! Also wedding plans got flipped and turned upside down, so we’ve been figuring things out. My reading has even been slacking lately.. 😦 I’m hoping with the release of Afterworld by Scott Westerfeld tomorrow I’ll pick that up a bit!
Anywho! I got nominated again for the Liebster Award by Avid Reader who has a really awesome blog so go on over and check it out! Also I got nominated for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Commas and Ampersands go check her blog out as well!!! I figured since I’ve already done the Liebster award before I would just answer the questions for the Sisterhood of the World bloggers Award. Thank you both for your kind nominations!
Rules of this award
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2. Post the awards logo on your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been set
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees
10 questions set by Commas and Ampersands
1. What book or TV show have you expected to like and ended up hating or vice versa?
Beautiful Creatures. I thought I would absolutely love it… not so much! It fell really short of my expectations. I know several people who adored the books and the movie but I honestly couldn’t stand it!
2. Tell me about a character that’s taken you by surprise for a good or bad reason.
Alina Starkov from the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. Alina was a character that I could never quite pin what she was going to do which I really enjoyed.
3. If your home/school/work were suddenly attacked by zombies, what would your escape/survival plan be?
This is actually something my fiance and I talk about all the time so this may be a little much. My parents are from Texas and Arkansas so we have guns… lots of guns. So obviously gather my family and loved ones. Get a stock of bottled water and non perishable foods. Gather all our weaponry, ammunition, clothing, medical supplies and camping gear. Head away from the city and go out to our farm where the closest neighbor is miles away. Then we fortify the farm… 🙂
4. If you could easily master any skill, what would it be and why?
Writing… so I could get published haha!
5. Do you have any superstitions?
No, not really. When I used to play hockey I always wore a certain pair of rainbow toe socks! Other than that nope!
6. What have you read/watched/done recently that you’re excited to share with everyone?
Guardians of the Galaxy was amazing! I’m going to see Maze runner in an hour also!!
7. What’s one place you’ve read/heard about that you would like to visit, mythical or otherwise?
Well I mentioned the Grisha Trilogy which is has a Russian theme to it so I’d love to go there. However Italy and Greece are at the top of my list to visit!
8. Tell me about something you’re looking forward to in the next year.
Hopefully graduating with my Bachelors and all the upcoming wedding festivities!
9. If you didn’t have a blog, how would you be spending your time right now?
Reading even though I should be doing homework!
10. What’s a blogging milestone or experience that made you really happy?
I’ve met some really awesome people through this and it was a therapy of a sorts for me for a while. It helped me move past a really rough time at the beginning of the year!
10 questions for you all!
1. Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
2. Who is your favorite sidekick? Book, TV Show, Movie, Comic, etc…
3. I’m taking this from Commas and Ampersands since I love this question. If your home/school/work were suddenly attacked by zombies, what would your escape/survival plan be?
4. What is your greatest achievement to date?
5. If you could be any book/movie/tv character, who would you be and why?
6. Whats your favorite music?
7. What are three things you can’t live without?
8. What is your spirit animal?
9. Since I’m planning my own wedding right now, What was your favorite thing done at a wedding you’ve been to?
10. What book/movie/tv show are you looking forward to?
My Nominees (Sorry there’s not ten!)
Welp there it is!
I have several author events coming up so I’ll be posting about those! I’ll be seeing Scott Westerfeld (OMGOMGOMGOMG! Pardon my fangirling), Lauren Oliver, Gennifer Albin, Jessica Brody, Nikki Kelly and Marissa Meyer!
That’s all folks!